I started a post shortly after the election. I had many emotions and views that I felt needed airing.
I even had a link to another article. The article pretty much summed up what I was thinking and feeling. I sort of felt like I was walking around in daze that week. Not sure of my reality. Not sure if I should bother in believing in much, if anything. Questioning if I really know anyone in my life.
And then I was interrupted.
I don't remember why or what or who.
I thought I saved it.
It is gone.
And that is okay.
It is a new day. And although I find myself scratching my head and shaking it in disbelief, I have no control over what is going on in politics today. My control was squandered a number of years ago. Living like there is not a care in the world. That the day to day that goes on in our nation does not effect me. That it all doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. This small minded thinking is what got us here. We can't just 18 months before an election push up our sleeves and get to work. Not that I really did anything.
It starts at home. With our kids. With our values. With our decisions in everyday life. Things we care about. Getting involved in our schools. In our communities. Our everyday world. That is what we can control.
So, I got off Facebook for a while. I don't need to see all of what is on there on a regular bases. It is a great tool. I just need to figure out how to make that tool work for me and not the other way around.
I am working on change. Change that I can control. And that is me. I hope to build momentum over time. A momentum that touches more than just me, but my family and friends and my little everyday world. And then who knows... But it's time that I push up my sleeves and get to work on what is important to me.
BTW here is that link I lost. Something to ponder.
Here's Why We Grieve Today By John Pavovitz
No comments:
Post a Comment