Friday, November 3, 2017

Struggles are real life

Struggles are a part of everyday life. Big ones and small ones.

I was talking to a parent the other day who said they were happy to know that what they are going through with their child was similar in ways with what we go through. That most people just smile and nod but never much more.

LOL! We have to be real. We don't need to give to many details of our own lives in doing this. Little anecdotal stories are fine. We can say some of what goes on in our minds (I stress SOME! LOL)

I will be the first one to say I am not perfect. I work hard at changing bad habits only to fall back on them when I am over stressed and over tired. I hate that I am a yeller. I hate it when others yell and yet that is what I resort to with my boys.  Although, I have of late resorted to  "the defeated poor me things will never change" mumble. Which surprisingly is working a little bit.  "I don't know why I bother, you will never see things to pick up unless I tell you. Therefore you will end up living with us into your forties because you won't be able to hold down a job unless someone holds your hand" (MY BIGGEST FEAR). My little one soothes me, stroking my head he tells me, "Mom, I will do everything I am supposed to do, right now. Don't feel bad." And I was shocked and he did! My big little one doesn't acknowledge that I am on this earth. LOL He is a bit immune to me and my rants and tactics. One out of two ain't bad and I will take it!

But then my little one came to me after hurriedly rushing through his chores and said, "Mom, I am sorry for everything that I have done or said to make you sad or angry!" And then gave me a hug.
Well, I believe I shrank to about 5 inches tall right then and there.  I turned around from my constant flow of never ending dishes ( how many cups do you have on your counters of half filled water???? Huh? I probably got you bet!) And we hugged and I apologized to him and his brother for all the horrible things I have said too. I then started to ramble on about... and noticed I was losing him fast. So I just said again, "Thank you, I love you too and Mommy is sorry for being so quick to lose my temper and make you sad and angry sometimes too."

But that is my real life. I struggle with yelling. My kids struggle with doing any chore around the house let alone unpacking their lunch pack any and everyday of the week! Heck I struggle with keeping a neat and tidy home!  Ah, well this is life. We all have our struggles and worries. We all don't have everything right all of the time. But isn't it wonderful when we have those moments that we realize... hmm, that went well!

So, share some of your struggles with someone on occasion. You may help someone out. Lighten a load. Share a laugh. Or give a reassuring hug when needed. We are all in this together.

Well, I better get going. Dishes are calling my name.

Enjoy your day and make it a great one!

"Life is what you make it, always has been always will be."
Grandma Moses 
"Suck it up, Buttercup"
IDK/Me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment